July 20, 2018|
AAA: THEME PARK SUMMER VACATIONS HEAT UP IN MICHIGAN
AAA: THEME PARK SUMMER VACATIONS HEAT UP IN MICHIGAN
| ||News Release |
CONTACT: AAA – The Auto Club Group
Susan Hiltz, Public Affairs Director, Michigan
C: 586.940.0278 - email@example.com
AAA Offers Travel and Cost-Saving Tips
DEARBORN, MI (July 20, 2018) ? If you plan to visit a theme park this summer, you are not alone. Literally. According to a recent AAA Consumer Pulse survey, among Michigan summer travelers, about 2 in 5 plan to visit a theme park this summer. (ATTACHED)
“Summer is peak season for theme parks,” said Belinda Dabrowski, managing director, AAA Partnership Development, The Auto Club Group. “Whether you’re a theme park novice or a connoisseur, be sure to take advantage of time and money savings tips from a trusted source like AAA before you take your vacation.”
AAA Theme Park Tips
- < > for lots of walking and wear comfortable shoesPace your visit and ensure you are able to take in all your favorite attractions.
- < > out which section of the theme park you want to visit at what times. < > height requirements and ride restrictions should be anticipated.Pack a poncho and change of clothes. Summer weather can be hot and rainy.
- < > is needed as theme parks attract large crowds and waiting in line should be expected. Download a fun game on your phone or be prepared to play an impromptu game of I Spy with your kids (or impatient adults). Onsite Advantages
- Many theme parks allow guests who stay onsite to enter the theme park an hour before it opens to the public. Guests can also receive a free Express Pass for each person who stays at a participating hotel.
- Some theme parks allow you to book a FastPass or something similar to it up to 60 days in advance if you are staying onsite.
- Onsite babysitting services may be offered for a much-needed night out for mom and dad.
- Complimentary transportation to the parks is often provided. That helps save money on parking and allows front door service to your favorite park.
- < > for special discounts from brands you trust. AAA offers some outstanding discounts during the summer season for places like Cedar Point, SeaWorld Orlando, LEGOLAND Florida, Universal Orlando Resort and many more. Visit AAA.com/attractions for more deals from AAA. Following your favorite parks on social media sites like Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. Park followers are often entitled to exclusive deals and special announcements.
- Bringing snacks and water into the park. Check the theme park’s website beforehand to see what you can bring. Skip the sugary sodas and make sure everyone stays hydrated with a refillable water bottle.
- Purchasing discounted tickets from sites like eBay or Craigslist. The risk of buying counterfeit tickets is just too high.
AAA in Michigan celebrated its 100th Anniversary - A Century of Service in 2016 and has over 1.4 million members across the state. It is part of The Auto Club Group (ACG). Connect with us on Facebook and LinkedIn.
The Auto Club Group (ACG) is the second largest AAA club in North America. ACG and its affiliates provide membership, insurance, financial services and travel offerings to over 9.5 million members across eleven states and two U.S. territories including Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, North Dakota, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands; most of Illinois and Minnesota; and a portion of Indiana. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation with more than 58 million members in the United States and Canada and whose mission includes protecting and advancing freedom of mobility and improving traffic safety. Motorists can map a route, identify gas prices, find discounts, book a hotel, and access AAA roadside assistance with the AAA Mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android. Learn more at AAA.com/mobile. AAA clubs can be visited on the Internet at AAA.com.
The AAA Consumer Pulse™ Survey was conducted online among residents living in Michigan from April 4, 2018 – April 18, 2018. A total of 401 residents completed the survey, with 292 planning to take at least one summer vacation. Total results have a maximum margin of error of ± 1.8 percentage points. Responses are weighted by gender and age within state to ensure reliable and accurate representation of the adult population (18+).
About The Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) is the second largest AAA club in North America. ACG and its affiliates provide membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members across 11 states and two U.S. territories including Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, North Dakota, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands; most of Illinois and Minnesota; and a portion of Indiana. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation with nearly 55 million members in the United States and Canada and whose mission includes protecting and advancing freedom of mobility and improving traffic safety.
About Auto Club Group Traffic Safety Foundation
Established by AAA – The Auto Club Group in 2010, Auto Club Group Traffic Safety Foundation, Inc. (ACGTSF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and public charity dedicated to producing a significant and continuous reduction in traffic crashes, injuries and deaths in the communities targeted by its efforts. ACGTSF provides programs, education and outreach to increase public awareness about the importance of traffic safety and improve driving behavior. ACGTSF is funded by voluntary, tax-deductible contributions from organizations and individuals who support ACGTSF’s purpose.
Other articles in Travel: