Jim Rink (313) 336-1513
AAA and Hertz® have announced new, exclusive savings and benefits for AAA members in 2007, which include increased discounts on standard and promotional car rental rates, 50 percent off the rental of SIRIUS Satellite Radio and 25 percent off the rental of Hertz NeverLost® GPS.*
As part of the Hertz® WOW package, AAA members – which number close to 50 million in the U.S. and Canada – will also receive:
- A Member Satisfaction Guarantee
- Free use of one child seat with each rental
- No charge for additional drivers who meet requirements
- Guaranteed Best Rate Available at time of reservation
- No “Saturday night keep requirement” to qualify for weekly rates
- 50-percent discount off Hertz #1 Club Gold fee
- Free unlimited mileage (most rates)
AAA members save on daily, weekend, weekly or monthly vehicle rentals from Hertz®. Members may select from a wide assortment of vehicles, including special collections: The Fun Collection (convertibles, etc.), a new Green Collection (low-mileage vehicles), or the Prestige Collection (luxury cars).
For complete program details and reservations, call a local AAA office or the Hertz® exclusive AAA toll-free line at 800-654-3080, or visit AAA.com/hertz
The Hertz® WOW package is for AAA members only.
* Restrictions may apply. See AAA.com/savings for details. Discounts and program enhancements advertised are for AAA members only.
AAA CAR RENTAL FAQS
Before you rent:
Questions at pick-up:
- Do I need rental car insurance?
Ask your agent if your personal insurance policy covers collision and liability for rental cars. Do limitations or deductibles apply? Inquire about rental car coverage through your credit card company.
- Am I entitled to membership benefits or discounts when I make my reservation?
AAA members, for example, can receive up to a 20-percent discount with Hertz® in addition to special upgrades, coupons and exemptions from certain charges.
- Are there charges if I drop off the car early?
Some companies charge for early drop-off. Also inquire about the cancellation policy.
- Can I get a reservation confirmation number?
Write the number down and have it handy when you pick up the car.
- Will my driving record be checked?
In many states, car rental companies perform motor vehicle record checks on renters and additional drivers. Drivers with questionable records may be denied service when they arrive to pick up their car.
- Does my rental car have antilock brakes?
Most rental fleets do. Practice in a remote location by jamming the brakes at a moderate speed. The pedal will vibrate, but continue steering with the brakes on. Do not pump the brakes — it will disengage the braking system.
- Does my rental car have driver or dual air bags?
Every passenger should be properly belted. Children ages 12 and under should ride in the back seat. Rear-facing infant seats also go in the back.
- Have I checked for damages?
Before leaving the lot, look for nicks and dents. Note the information on the rental agreement.
- What are your refueling policies?
AAA recommends refilling the tank before returning the car to avoid expensive refueling charges.
- What time should I return the car?
Charges may be incurred when a car is returned late or used for a partial day. If a location is not open 24 hours a day, ask the procedure for after-hour drop-off.